Lake Abant-Bolu/Turkey

Hi Travelers !
Today i'm going to talk about my trip with Cinema and Photography Club of my university to Lake Abant.
Lake Abant is located 34 km south-west away of Bolu city.
It's a charming place with its nature.Everywhere is full of Pine Trees and you can smell fresh air while enjoying the view.

It was so tiring because,we've walked around the lake which is almost 7 kms totally.
We arrived there early in the morning,and it was so snowy everywhere.It was terribly cold and there was nowhere to get warmer except hotels.If you are not a customer of hotels,you have to walk half way of the lake to reach a café/restaurant.If you ask me,if you don't have a car or if you are not gonna stay at a hotel,you should visit Lake Abant in warmer months such as May,June,July,August and September.
It was almost the of March,but was terribly cold till afternoon.We had our breakfast(some pastry and juice) inside the snow.I've started to not feel my legs.I've eaten my food fastly and started to walk to get warm.I often stopped to take photos,you will also do the same if you visit this place.Because view is absolutely wonderful and there are so many things to capture.
After a while,i got used to cold and only focused the silence and view.Everyone in the group went somewhere else.I've walked a lot and took pictures,i saw some People from other cities who were making Barbeque and talked a bit with them.They were nice people.Then kept walking in my own way.
I was very tired and i was expecting to find somewhere that i can drink a coffee and watch this peaceful view.I saw a place and started to walk faster.I was very happy but, when i got closer i saw that it was just an another hotel.I didn't gave up and kept walking,actually i had no chance to give up after walked this way.Sometimes coaches greeted me,but i couldn't say stop because there was no place for me.But if i have a chance to go there again,i will definitely try it.It must be very enjoyable.
After this point,i saw another place nearby the lake.I had no hope but this time the victory was for me.I've found a café/restaurant which has wonderful view and a fire place.I ordered my café to and went to in front of the fireplace.It was like a gift to me from God.I enjoyed my coffee and view at the same time with warm ambiance.Sun was slowly trying to show its face.Customers number were increasing and i left fireplace them.I was able to understand how they feel.I took few more photos from outside of café and started to walk again.

The café was a bit expensive actually.Normally i don't care this kind of things but i can say that it was expensive.They know that they are one in the area(except hotels) so,they are using it in advantage.There is nothing to do,the only thing made me happy and it was fireplace.I left and started to walking on my own way again.It was looking like there was not much way to walk to where i began.But i understood that i was wrong after a while.The way was also very slippery.I saw one last balcoon in the lake for photographers.I went there and captured few nice photos.It was very crowded there and i left.
I've walked a bit and arrived where i began.I was very happy,and i've checked the total distance that i've walked.I was shocked when i saw 7 kms.I went to our bus,it was already afternoon and everyone was hungry.We had our sandwiches and bus took us to Bolu's city center.We've found a shopping center and had free time there.I had a chance to meet my classmate from highschool.I called him and we met there.After free time we had to get on the bus to go back.Bolu/Abant trip was over for now.But it will always stay as a good memory for me.I would like to visit this place again,but not in winter this time.

My suggestion to all travelers who want to visit Lake Abant,firstly will be about warmer months as i said before.The other point is about hotels.I don't know their exact prices;but if want to have some peaceful days in a silent and natural ambience,staying few days around Lake Abant and taking walks around will be very pleasant for you.There are also public buses from city center to Abant.If your trip will be daily like ours,you should take some food and drink to your bag.And don't forget to charge your mobile's and camera's batteries.Otherwise you will be very sad to not be able to capture wonderful photos.That's all about my Lake Abant trip.I wanted to make you feel my experince.Now i will leave you alone with some other photos.If you have any questions,you can leave a comment or just send me an e-mail.Thanks for reading.
All photos are taken by me.Forbidden to use without my permission.

Comments