Erfurt,Stuttgart

Hello everyone,

On my new post,i'll be talking about my trip to Germany on February.It was winter and i hate winter flights,but i had to fly.I had to fly to Frankfurt from İzmir because there wasn't any direct flights to Erfurt in winter season.After arrival to Frankfurt,i had 3 hours trip with a transfer car to Erfurt.There was no snow in Frankfurt but in Erfurt it was snowy.
It was too cold for me,but i've survived it as everyone.I spent my first night at hostel and talked with personnel to get additional information about city and region.People were friendly and helpful.The best thing was that they were trying to speak English.It was exciting because on my past trips to Germany,the people i met wasn't speaking English.We have the same problem in Turkey in some regions and i found that normal.
The first day,let's say hello to Erfurt again by this photo.
These buildings,their welcoming shapes and nice colors are always on my mind.In Erfurt,transportation is very comfortable.Tram is taking you everywhere in the city.At the office,they sell monthly,weekly and daily tickets for your use and you can choose the available one for you.I had to buy daily tickets because i didn't know how long i will stay in Erfurt,i was waiting a call from my cousin in Stuttgart.
I've tried to see every street in central Erfurt.For 2 days,i had coffee in my short breaks of sightseeing in a café opposite the Hauptbahnhof Erfurt which means Station Erfurt.I also tried few desserts in this café and they were delicious.Prices were very economic and as far as i saw this place is very old.
In city,you can find Turkish food.There are many kebab restaurants.Also Italian and Greek restaurants are another options.Normally i like to taste new food when i'm abroad.This time i had to eat fast food to not lose time and money.

Another impressive place for me is on this photo.Domplatz Erfurt.

The building is gorgeous.If you visit Erfurt,you should visit Domplatz too.Luckily,i could visit inside and had information from attendant.Tram is stopping here and as far as i remember it's called Altstadt.On some days,a small bazaar is opening in front of Cathedral.There are beautiful cafés to eat ice-cream,and nice pubs to drink German Beer.
The city is hosting a university.Outside of the city there is a shopping center.You can see apartments from East German period while travelling by tram to university and shopping center.

After 2 days,my cousin came by his car to take me Stuttgart.We had around 4 hours trip.It was enjoyable.We had 1 stop at gas station and that's all.
I stayed almost a week in his house.First day,we went to TV Tower of Stuttgart or called Fernsehturm Stuttgart.
.If you want to see this city detailed,it's definitely best place.Enterance price was 7€.The tower has a café/bar to eat or drink.
From sky,we finally landed to center of the city.City center is hosting shopping centers,restaurants,banks and squares as every city.We did shopping,took photos and left through home.I didn't have a chance to visit but as far as i heard Stuttgart has beautiful vineyards.
On the other hand,city is hosting famous companies around the world.I don't have to mention the names i believe you understand which companies they are.
On the other days,we went to Ludwigsburg,Böblingen and Stuttgart University.I suggest you to visit Ludwigsburg.There are impressive buildings at the square and on the other streets.The city is also known as Palaces city.
On this post,i couldn't give you much information about cities and buildings,but if you are interested you can check them on the internet.If i have another chance to visit these cities,i'll prepare a better post for you which mostly includes historical periods of the cities.
Erfurt

Erfurt and Me

Erfurt,taste this Gasthaus' beer !

Stuttgart,TV Tower

Ludwigsburg
All photos are taken by me.Forbidden to use without my permission.

Comments